Monday 23 April 2012

food tales

This morning I was fortunate to attend a free workshop at my local library, ‘Food Tales’.  Guest TV Chef and Author Dominique Rizzo (Ready Steady Cook) and organic producer Rob Bauer spoke about what inspires them to do what they love.  Both presenters were very inspiring, passionate and spoke from the heart.  The two main themes were eating whole foods and food memories/tales. 
The workshop was a wonderful reminder about how important it is to know more about the food we put into our bodies.  Dominique reignited stories about food from our childhood experiences involving family, land, language and culture.  As a mama, it was a timely reminder about the additional responsibility I have, not only to myself but to my family, who rely on eating what I bring into our home and to the table.  It also made me think about my own food memories as a child and how I can pass these experiences onto my children and create new memories and traditions. It was lovely to have some time to listen, reflect, share and learn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...