Saturday 18 August 2012

weekending

Many months ago we planted our very own strawberry patch.  As soon as these sweet babies settled into their new home, my little ones suggested that now they were planted we could eat the strawberries.  It took some explaining.  We knew that this was going to be a lesson in observation and patience, a lot of patience.  Almost every day they eagerly check the strawberry patch.  When we have visitors they invite them to go outside and show our friends their strawberry garden. We have even caught them at times turning on the tank water tap to water the garden without any prompting from us. 


I am delighted to announce that we have had some beautiful fruit, however, I have not been quick enough to grab the camera as they are devoured by the little people....well one person in particular.  The other little person declares he will eat strawberries when he's a big boy, not now.  As soon as the red berry appears it disappears so quickly that I haven't even tried one yet! Today we spotted our biggest strawberry so far; somehow I was lucky enough to get this shot and yes, my little flutterby loved eating it.


happy weekending to you xo.

1 comment:

  1. You should have these on toasted waffles with ice-cream and honey. Delicious!!!!!! I wish we were there to share them but I think we would have to pick them from the garden and not be seen by you know who. Love you lots. 'C and C and D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...