Thursday 13 September 2012

tea anyone?

Inspired by the arrival of a cookbook and one retrieved from my bookshelf at home, I visited our local food emporium shop to gather ingredients.  I was assisted by the lovely local shop owner who shared her knowledge about spices and offered cooking tips.  Since then, I’ve been mixing, grinding, boiling, stirring, inhaling aromas and tasting flavours of the Far East; India, to be exact. 


I’ve enjoyed experimenting with an array of spices in the hope that it will bring warmth, nourishment and vitality to us as we welcome the early weeks of spring.  Over the next few days I will share some recipes I’ve tried. 


The first recipe is a beverage to have with a meal during lunch.  I chose this recipe for a number of reasons.  Firstly, it only has a few ingredients so that leaves little room for error (hopefully).  Secondly, the method is really simple and by lunch time with two toddlers and a baby I need things to be simple.  Lastly, I like hot drinks and this seemed perfect to have with lunch, something just for this mama to sit and savour. 

Lunch tea

tsp cumin seeds
tsp coriander seeds
tsp fennel seeds
1 cup water

Boil the water and add the spices.  Turn off the heat and cover.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Strain and sweeten according to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...