Monday 15 October 2012

What's in my lunch box today mummy?

These days there seems to be a lot of 'guidelines' around what kids are allowed to have in their lunch box...no baked biscuits, nuts, cakes, museli bars, pre-packaged foods etc, etc, etc. 

I am lucky that the Daycare my kids attend provides milk and sandwiches for lunch. We are required to bring two pieces of fruit per child to share for morning and afternoon tea.  I know my kids will never go hungry but some days I struggle for ideas on what to include in their lunch box. Yes, I know they don't even go to school yet!

Today they have strawberries, sultanas, seeds (sunflower and pepitas), rice crackers and a little salad (grated carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cubed cheese) on the side.  They also have two tubs of kids size yoghurt. 

Do you have any good lunch box ideas, websites, recipes or tips to share? I would love to hear from you.

Here's a good website I found for more lunch box ideas. 
http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Lunchbox+10.htm

1 comment:

  1. I have Pinterest board where I have collected some lunch ideas. It's always a challenge, isn't it? http://pinterest.com/katydiddy/school-lunches/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...