Tuesday 11 June 2013

Garden treasures...

Last week we picked passionfruit and lemons galore.  This week we are watching and waiting for these purple treasures to ripen.  They will be the last of the crop for the winter season.  Once harvested, we will discard the plants and new mulch will be added to this tiny garden bed. 
 
 
  

  

Companion planting has also helped - chives. 

Looking back we literally 'threw in' these seedlings to see how they would go and I have to say the amount and size of the eggplants were rather surprising. 
 

Actually, I cannot take any of the credit for growing these.  My Dad is a bit of a 'green thumb'.  He loves planting vegies in our garden and enjoys visiting to inspect 'his' plants.  Naturally there is extra pressure to look after the garden to make sure 'his' plants survive because those who know me, know that I am a tad forgetful when it comes to watering. 

It's lucky I always have some help close by.


Wishing you a lovely start to the week.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...