Tuesday 20 August 2013

hand-made

There is something nice about hand-made don't you think? L'l miss flutterby is having her 3rd birthday soon.  In preparation for the event I have been researching and sourcing ideas from the internet.  To keep cost to a minimum I decided to make the invitations (this post) and the decorations (will post on this in a few weeks).  After sourcing card stock from our local newsagent and free images from the internet I designed the layout in a Word document.  


It was easy to format the images by using the cropping and text box tools to get the placement of the images and text just right.  There was a bit of cutting involved (pink frill template) however this was completed in front of the TV while the babes were sleeping and before I knew it they were all cut. 


To make the holes in the frill template I used Fiskars small hole punch (a bargin buy from Spotlight).  By the image, you can guess what she wants as the theme.  I figure you only turn three once and I only have one daughter so it's nice to go to the effort (time permitting of course). 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...