Sunday 12 January 2014

weekending...


Happy Birthday, Mum!  We look forward to celebrating your birthday with you soon.
 
This weekend we have been recovering from our week away to tropical far north Queensland.  After much unpacking and washing etc. it's back to finding our daily rhythm. 

While I was away I realised that I am going to have to be super organised this school year so I purchased a weekly diary.  This morning I concentrated on selecting recipes for our meals in the next few weeks. The other reason for planning our meals this way is to use up ingredients in our pantry/fridge, budget and reduce food wastage.

At this stage I am snipping recipes and paper clipping them into my diary.  From there I am making a shopping list for what we require this week.  I am trying to keep things seasonal so I have been digging out some old magazines as well. 
 
 
As the kids are all attending different educational organisations each organisation has their own food policy so as well as planning our main meals I have been keeping an eye out for some healthy lunchbox snacks.  (Note: The photo above doesn't exactly show healthy snacks - we did get a little side tracked - Ooops!). 
 
The plan is to spend more time in the kitchen with these little ones on the weekend baking and preparing our meals for the following week. 

- some tired faces from our holiday away-

See you back here tomorrow with some photos from our holiday in Cairns.


xo

 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love the one in the shopping trolley!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...