Sunday 27 April 2014

goings on...

Where did the week go?
Here are some snaps of the goings on around here.

Baking biscuits for morning/afternoon tea.  We made three different varieties (ginger, choc chip and vanilla).  I am yet to share the recipe as I am not entirely happy with the dough.
 

 

PJ party for three!  These were the new PJs the Easter Bunny delivered.  Light cotton is perfect for this autumn weather at the moment.
  
 

Below.  Dressed up and ready for ANZAC Day march.  Unfortunately, I stayed home to recover from a terrible bout of hay fever.

Weekend Dinner and leftovers for lunch: Home-made Minestrone soup from the new Australian Women's Weekly 'Food for Friends' page 8. I served mine with fresh corn on the cob and garlic bread.  Sooooo good. 

Today - a friend's son turned 6.  I know it looks like no one else attended but it's a courtesy thing.  Yes, there were moments of having the jumping castle all to their own little selves!



 
After an afternoon nap.  It was straight back into the kitchen to organise meals for the week and bake! I put my signed copy of Curtis Stone's 'What's for Dinner?' to the baking test.  His 'oatmeal coconut butter cookies' is a classic Aussie ANZAC biscuit recipe. 
 
I made a double batch and mixed up the sizes some adult size and some mini (below) for the lunchboxes during the week. 
Well, that was a little bit of the goings on around here.
Here's hoping you have a great week ahead.
xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...